Navigation pause resume problem

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by IABoy987, Jul 15, 2021.

1. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    While wife drove, I wanted to pause the navigation until we got close to the destination. I followed page 236 in the 2018 Prius Prime Navigation System Owners manual. I pressed OPTION box, then Pause Guidance box. When I wanted to resume, I pressed option again and pressed Resume Guidance. I watched as the vehicle icon (red triangle inside blue circle) slowly moved up and off the map screen. The map was frozen with what looked like a rifle cross hairs circle in dead center. Luckily the audio still worked for turns as well as pop up boxes indicating ramp exits and mileages.

Is this a bug? Should I have pressed another button as well to resume map movement? Or did I press pause/resume too many times?

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Regardless of the brand of system, I find it MUCH better to just MUTE the audio directions until you get to a place where you need the guidance again. You can then also change screens if you want, to the radio for instance, and still have the NAV running in the background.