1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Problems!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by just_older99, Dec 8, 2011.

1. just_older99

just_older99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello i wanted to ask anyone here if they have experienced this, i have a 2007 prius w/bluetooth, back up cam and navigation and recently when i press the map button on the steering wheel it says map error dvd cant be read. it will stay in that black screen until i go under my seat and eject the dvd and re-insert it.
    the dvd isn't scratched at all, the one thing that i think it has something to do with is the outside temp. i purchased the car in april so it hasnt seen cold weather with me yet but it seems to have begun ever since it has gotten cold out doors.
    am i way off on this? has anyone else had this happen to them more than once like i have? any info or help would be appretiated!!
    Thanks

2. jedifireman

jedifireman New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm also having this problem is there any known solution for this I just changed the 12v accessory battery and when I started the car the first time I get the black screen and in diagnostics mode under navi it says NRES and I tried removing and re-inserting the dvd and it did nothing, is there a fuse or relay I can check because I looked at the main under the hood and one under drivers side and I see no fuses or relays tagged as navi?

3. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The DVD reader likely is wearing out.
    A good Garmin can be had for about $100 with free lifetime updates......which likely will be MUCH cheaper and better than repairing the onboard unit.

The free Google NAV program in my smart phone is better in almost all respects than either of my onboard systems OR the two Garmins that I have.