1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Question- Europe Maps?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by marissa20uk, Dec 5, 2011.

1. marissa20uk

marissa20uk New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two

We are a military family and looking for some information. We will be moving to Germany in February/March. I have a navigation system in my '09 prius, I called my dealer to ask about adding European maps to my car but they said they could not help me. So, I am searching for advice, can I add european maps to my nav system? If so, how and where do I get this done! I would appreciate any help.

Thank you
    Marissa

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I believe (without searching) that this is not possible due to a couple of significant differences in the USA & European Prius satnav systems.

The cheapest way to have satnav is either update your existing Navman/TomTom/Garmin unit or purchase one over in Germany/Europe. They can be purchased from about €80+.

3. Agape

Agape Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Nice to hear that you are moving to Europe. Viel Glück/Good luck.

Hopefully it does not mean anything more than just a job for your husband, we hear recently about many new activities in the Kaliningrad's sides of Russia, anti-missile shields that was supposed to be built in Poland but plans were scrapped after strange catastrophe of TU154 (Tupolev 154) which killed Polish president, his wife, elite of the past government, military commanders along with polish General on board who supposed to be shortly nominated as a chief in NATO...

To date in recent developments partially processed in cooperation with NASA have opposed official MAK report regarding this incident and various tests/ simulations proved that there were no chances that the slim tree caused wing of that plane to be cut and brake apart.

Garmin Navigation may have lifetime updates if you purchase separate unit. I would send email to Toyota Europe to confirm whether there is a chance of upgrade in yours system.

I am sure RDS won't display details in Europe.

All the best anyways and enjoy German pretzels with a nice cold Weiss Beer.