1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation question

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Kelly Guccione, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Kelly Guccione

Kelly Guccione New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Just bought our Prius three days ago and the gps is crossed out on the screen, it was like that at the dealership and they gave us a new SD card but it's was still crossed out and none of the sales people knew what to do. And plus the navigation system is super slow. The car is only three days old. Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it? We have tried all the settings in the car and read the owner manuels for both the car and navigation.

2. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Bring it back to the dealer service department for troubleshooting and fix'n...

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.
  3. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I wouldn't put it off. Take it back for servicing.

RCO likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would keep pressuring them until it's fixed. The car is new and under warranty.

RCO likes this.
  5. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    It's possible the GPS cable isn't connected behind the dashboard. When I had the passenger side airbag replaced (safety recall), the GPS cable was not attached when they put the dashboard back together.

So, definitely take it back and have them troubleshoot. You might mention the cable issue as I have seen similar cable drops as the cause of several issues over the years (some involving cars, some involving other equipment). In all those cases, the cable drop was not the first thing suspected, causing the fix to take days or hours.It's a simple problem to diagnose, but one that is overlooked, as it involves real disassembly to check.

RCO likes this.