1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Questions!

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by geguia, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I used that feature yesterday. Super bright outside but I was driving with the lights on to improve my visibility to other vehicles in the heavy snow. Of course that meant I couldn't see any of the displays because they were in night mode. So I turned them up to full which put them back into day mode.

2. cghelton

cghelton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Awesome, learned something today. thanks guys.

iPhone ?

3. Optimus PRIME

Optimus PRIME Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

Capt is right. If the brightness level is set to Max, the 11.6 screen would not dim at all. If you press the Brightness Button on the bottom left side behind the steering wheel, it would allow you to choose a dimmed level, then the Day/Night adjustments will kick in.

4. JasonG

JasonG Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks for your help! I will try this.

5. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Yes. It was dark when I started driving last night. The nav screen was in daylight mode, blinding me. I pulled over and spent 5 minutes or so trying to figure out how to set it to night mode. I started driving and realized I was driving with just the daytime running lights. Duh. I turned on the headlights and the screen instantly went to night mode.

6. Grey Me

Grey Me New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes, I would like to know how to get "night mode" on my navigation too. My older 06 Prius switched automatically. According to the manual I have to manually change the brightness, contrast AND shut off the day mode. I can't believe there isn't a way to set it to change automatically. The screen in the 2018 Prime advanced is way to bright at night, even with the brightness and contrast turned down as low as it goes.

7. Grey Me

Grey Me New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Got it! Thanks. Couldn't find it anywhere in the manual.