1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation says only proceed to highlighted

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by terramir, Apr 30, 2022.

1. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well it says proceed to highlighted route and you have arrived no turn by turn directions and the little arrow seems to think often I am driving through houses. Or on the shoulder of the freeway. Maybe my gps antenna is off where would I find the GPS antenna so I can pull it and replace it with one from the junkyard maybe that will fix it
    Let me know
    terramir

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I wouldn't be too quick to assume what the issue is.

Just go into the diag screens on the MFD and select Navigation Check. From there, you can select GPS Information and Vehicle Sensors.

On the GPS Information screen, you can see the different satellites being received and their signal strength, and the quality of your location fix (3D, 2D, NG, etc.) This will likely tell you whether there's a GPS issue or not (which could be the antenna or the GPS receiver). Naturally the signal strength might be poor if you're in a place without unobstructed sky.

On the Vehicle Sensors screen, you can check whether the SPD value accurately matches the car's speed (be safe, maybe have a friend watch the screen while you watch the road), the REV value shows when you're in reverse, and the gyro sensor knows when you're driving straight (2.5 V, 0 or 360 degrees) or in a turn.

Then you might try going to the regular navigation setup screen and choose Calibration. There is a manual calibration for Current Position, where you adjust your current position and direction shown on the map, and also an automated option for after a tire change. You might try that too, even if you didn't recently change the tires. Everything's pretty old by now on a 2004.

SFO and Another like this.