1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Speed Lock Override

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by ghettomaximaz, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ghettomaximaz

ghettomaximaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hello,

Does the nav speed lock override kit they are selling here require soldering at all or is it all plug and play?

It seems that prestigious society is all plug and play but this is a heck of a lot cheaper so wanted to figure out if this kit requires any soldering.

Also does anyone have instructions. I searched on priuschat and found it but everytime i clicked on it, it brought me back to the main page of priuschat for some odd reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's all plug and play. I'll send Danny an email about the link problem. I just ordered a kit for my GenIII.

3. ghettomaximaz

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks F8L. If he can post here, even better! Would make sense for it to be added in the shop alongside the product so ppl have an idea of what they are in for prior to purchasing :)

4. plsinger

plsinger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Actually it's not plug and play. It requires tapping several wires.

5. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My bad. To me that is plug and play. If it doesn't require soldering or adding/removing pins I consider it plug and play. :)

6. ghettomaximaz

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    so you do have to cut and/or tap wires with this then?

anyone know if you have to do the same with prestigious society?

7. plsinger

plsinger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You do need to tap wires in a couple of harnesses.
    The Prestigious Society plugs in behind the NAV unit.
    Bear in mind that there is a huge difference in price.....so....convenience for dollars...

8. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It requires cutting the VSS wire and connecting both ends of the cut wires to the bypass. It also requires power and ground which you can get at the cigarette lighter plug. As for soldering, it's optional. The install would look cleaner but it's not necessary. The kit includes quick disconnects for connecting the bypass to the VSS wire and T-Taps for connecting to the power and ground wires.
    The Prestigious Society's bypass is plug and play, no wire cutting.
    I estimate that I have enough parts to make the overrides for sale til spring or summer of 2013. V3's and V3V's will probably be gone by the end of the year or Q1 2013 as they are only 1/4 of all the bypasses being made but account for about 1/3 being sold. Once they're sold out, they're gone forever (all versions). I will not buy anymore parts to make any more overrides. By that time, the only choice you'll have would be the Prestigious Society.
    I'm sure they're not happy about my bypass being on the market. But hey, I'm only marketing it in this forum and only for the Prius. I'm not supporting any other Toyota models. It'll work with other Toyotas but the buyer would have to figure out how to install it.
    Many Prius owners opted for the Prestigious Society's overrides anyway even though my override is on the PC shop. Also when you buy my override through PC shop, part of that money goes to Danny to help pay for the Priuschat server and to cover the shipping. Free shipping doesn't mean it's free. Somebody has to pay for it (me). I don't get all of it.

9. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Stop posting and go make my bypass I ordered from Danny on Wednesday. :p

10. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That was you?? I would have installed it for you at the meet. You know me, I would have ripped apart your dash in a heart beat. I checked the tracking and it's delivered at 10:10AM

11. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah. That was mine. I didn't know I needed one at the time or I would have had you install it while you were ALREADY ripping my dash apart. :p The Critic stopped by my house today so he helped me install the kit. It works exactly like you said it would. Not that I doubted you.

Ghettomaxiaz, I apologize. This is not what I would call plug and play. It is quite easy to install but if you've never done any wire splicing then it could be a little scary. The instructions are well detailed and the materials in the kit are well prepared for you. You will need a set of wire strippers and crimpers though. I'll talk to Danny about selling the device with a printed set of instructions if possible. The kit worked perfectly for me. :)