1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation System Failing?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by aquilles, Jun 22, 2014.

1. aquilles

aquilles Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It seems as if the navigation system on my wife's 07 Prius has failed. Basically all of the buttons on the right side of the MFD don't work. Whenever we press the navigation button the screen goes dark green or has a striped vertical screen.

Everything else unrelated to the navigation system works fine. Has anyone heard about this before? Is the navigation system failing? Or is the MFD about to fail? Any help would be appreciated!

iPhone ?

2. aquilles

aquilles Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Following up on my navigation system: randomly after seven months of not working it recently started working again. All of the settings reverted to the default settings and all of the previous destinations were deleted. Presets however were still there.

I have no idea why it would self heal after this long but I'm glad it's back.

3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    that's mighty weird. I would guess the mfd is the culprit.

4. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    germlins?
    id just buy a gps off ebay for $50 some have 7 inch screen and are more up to date then the 7 year old one in the car now.
    Im buying one with a 7 inch touch screen,gps and color wireless back up camera on e bay for under $100 (my prius is a base model)