1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation system uses traffic info for guide?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by CharlesH, Mar 4, 2012.

1. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    At least with the advanced package, you can overlay the map with real-time traffic information. Does anyone know if the route guidance feature knows how to use the real-time traffic info to plot a route taking that congestion into its calculations?

2. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    On page 115 of the Navigation System Manual it covers that topic. If it detects traffic on your route it will ask if you want to reroute to avoid the congestion. It is a feature you can turn on or off.

1 person likes this.
  3. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks. I know that "read the manual" applies here, but with this car, there is a LOT of manual. My college son was sure that the thick Owner's Manual plus the Navigation Manual had multiple languages, and was surprised when he found that it was all English.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm wondering about the same but a slightly different angle.

If you're plotting a route and there are several main streets to get there and only one has traffic (but it's the longer route), would it take you on the route with traffic information?? (because it doesn't know what the traffic is like on the other streets)?

It seems that way as I could've sworn that my nav gave me different directions before we had traffic (in Canada). Now it routes me through downtown which I don't want to do at 4pm in the afternoon (and it still said green...not likely!)

5. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I'd like a different option on the nav system until 2015. I'd like to be able to ask it to use HOV lanes whenever possible during primetime hours. Although most repetitive routes you may know where the HOV lanes are, it would just be nice to have a "carpool sticker" option in the NAV system.