1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation update

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by TDog, May 9, 2013.

1. PriusC-illa

PriusC-illa Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    WTH why such a discrepancy? Tweet Toyota USA, that usually gets me fast results.

2. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Tell them you have issue with your navigation by one or many of this issues, they need to follow the TSB to fix it

2012 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System and Entune (version
    less than 2.1.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • Vehicle orientation slow to update after vehicle startup
    • Five Bing™ search results are not all displayed on the map
    • Voice recognition destination request does not provide feedback
    • Voice recognition for POI search displays "Function not available" message
    • "Car Multimedia" device name cannot be changed
    2012 – 2013 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System (Non-HDD) and
    Entune (version less than 2.2.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • “Address non-navigable” message when using the navigation system
    • Head unit audio does not switch correctly between day and night modes
    • Dynamic re-route navigation setting is not remembered after ignition cycle
    • Traffic Radius Filter setting is not remembered after ignition cycle
    • “You have arrived at your destination” message gives incorrect side of street
    • Head unit does not display incoming iPhone iOS 6 text message sender ID
    • Head unit does not fully display incoming iPhone iOS 6 text messages which include carriage
    returns (line breaks)
    Updated system software is now available to address these conditions. Follow the repair procedure
    in this bulletin to install the latest software version

Othewise Tweet Toyota USA and let us know what is their response!

3. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    complain an item on the TSB and they should do it for free. If U are not experiencing an issue I think they want to charge U for it

4. Optical Illusions

Optical Illusions Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    So after a week of battling out at the Toyota dealer and calling Toyota Entune to get the matter resolved. The Toyota dealer manager finally called me up and apologized to me and told me to bring my car in this Friday for them to update my Entune free of charge.

Before i left the dealer on Friday for my 5000 miles service I had talked to the service manager and the customer service manager and gave them a print out (list below) about the TSB. Those 2 looked at me like I am some deranged customer and still trying to charge me the $169. I had printed this from Toyota Nation Forum and incorporated the TSB introduction from here (thanks wmo168) where a member from Toyota Nation got a letter from Entune stating:
    "
    As previously mentioned, if you are looking to update your Entune™ system to the current 2.2.0 version, which may address any Entune™ connectivity concerns you may be experiencing, that update is at no cost to you.

The information you are referring to in the T-SB-0051-13 (T-SB-0030-12 is obselete) outlines various conditions customers may experience with their Display Audio Navigation System and Entune. The bulletin advises our Toyota dealers on how to address these conditions and outlines a repair procedure.

As stated in the bulletin, the repair is covered under the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s in-service date.Most importantly, warranty application is limited to occurrence of the specified condition described in the bulletin.

In order to confirm that one or more of the conditions listed are present, you will need to schedule an appointment at your local Toyota dealership.The dealer will confirm your current software version, which if it is not the most current, 2.2.0, your software will be updated.Once installed, the dealer will check to confirm the condition was corrected.

The navigation system updates are performed annually and made available for purchase through your local Toyota dealer. For the navigation system updates, the mapping data reflects highly populated areas and only data that has been verified is included. Rural, unincorporated areas, and newly constructed roads may not be included in these annual updates.

Introduction
    2012 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System and Entune (version
    less than 2.1.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • Vehicle orientation slow to update after vehicle startup
    • Five Bing™ search results are not all displayed on the map
    • Voice recognition destination request does not provide feedback
    • Voice recognition for POI search displays "Function not available" message
    • "Car Multimedia" device name cannot be changed
    2012 – 2013 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System (Non-HDD) and
    Entune (version less than 2.2.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • “Address non-navigable” message when using the navigation system
    • Head unit audio does not switch correctly between day and night modes
    • Dynamic re-route navigation setting is not remembered after ignition cycle
    • Traffic Radius Filter setting is not remembered after ignition cycle
    • “You have arrived at your destination” message gives incorrect side of street
    • Head unit does not display incoming iPhone iOS 6 text message sender ID
    • Head unit does not fully display incoming iPhone iOS 6 text messages which include carriage
    returns (line breaks)
    Updated system software is now available to address these conditions. Follow the repair procedure
    in this bulletin to install the latest software version."

I don't understand why Toyota does not make these employees take a course or some kind of training to better their service to their customers. What irks me is the fact that we have to do all the research and to educate those guys on their own products. Anyways, that is my rant about Toyota and their service.

If you live in Northern Virginia and don't want to go through all the hassle to update your Entune. You can give Ken Gilbert at Ourisman Toyota in Fairfax a call (703-359-2955). He will take care of you since they are somewhat educated about this situation.

Akoforever and ftl like this.
  5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Toyota doesn't own the dealerships... that is the biggest misconception about dealerships.

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    So if they want something done... they have to pay for it.

7. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    +1!!!
    dealerships operate on their own. maybe it be a Toyota dealership or a Ford/GM/KIA dealership.
    think if Toyota own dealer ABC why would Toyota allow the same dealer to carry a competitor's product?