1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation voice recognition

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Larry2015, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Larry2015

Larry2015 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I like being able to tell Olga (yep, that's her name) what to do and where to go. Using the phone is no problem, I can even get the map to come up and tune to radio stations. Recognition of my voice seems to work fine except when it comes to navigation. I speak clearly with good volume, enunciation and no accent.
    I press the talk button; the menu options come up, I say "Destination", and Olga asks me to say my destination. I say it, even 10/10 times she gets it wrong, and not by a little bit. In fact, it's so bad, the voice recognition navigation is useless.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem, and how does one get this feature to work?
    If this continues to not work, what solutions does anyone recommend?
    Thanks.

2. breakfast

breakfast Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Try saying "destination 123 Main Street Tacoma washington" all in one phrase after the beep. Don't talk too slow.

3. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    And I believe you are supposed to say 1-2-3, not 1-23. I don't use the "Destination" command much, but haven't have much trouble using "Find Next".

4. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just happened to remember this, so I used voice commands to enter my home address on the way back from Costco. My address is on W Port Au Prince Lane, a name people have a hard time with, and the Prius had no problem at all understanding it.