1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

nearly complete on mods

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by lohikaarme, Aug 12, 2023.

1. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It looks like I'm saving well over $1000 on the order compared to Lewis(over $2k vs MSRP), and I seriously doubt shipping will come anything close to that. I'm going to wait and order the protector bracket and nuts locally once the bracket becomes available.

My order:
    L/R deck boxes
    carrier bolt
    foam protector base
    reinforced deck board(only $60 from Japan vs. $315 MSRP)
    jack kit with big bag (bag might come in handy - only $20 extra)
    L/R turn signals
    L/R mirror top covers (I plan to have them painted to match the car)
    L/R mirror front/bottom covers
    L/R mirror retractors
    replacement driver door mirror/window/lock control
    reverse-linked side mirror upgrade
    interior illumination upgrade(lights in rear seat footwells)
    projection illumination upgrade(lights up the ground outside the front doors with a Prius logo during entry/exit)

Total is a little under $1k plus shipping. (I already have the spare wheel and tire ready to go)

Only things I'm not getting this time around are the Modellista 17" wheels, GR performance dampers, and GR door stabilizers. Those three would be over $1600 all on their own, with probably close to another $1k in shipping because of how big and heavy the wheels and dampers are. And they may not have agreed to ship the dampers anyway(they contain gas shocks).

When I'm done, this will definitely be a 1 of 1 car in the entire world. lol

2. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I didnt know the deck board was different, is that in the spare tire list of parts?

3. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I've mentioned it a couple times in a couple of the threads. It's different, but I don't know how different. I think it's just reinforced a little to help span the space over the tire. Until you educated me about Impex, the US price made it not worth it. For the US price of $200-$300, it's probably just better to glue some reinforcing on the back of the regular board, or put some filler in the middle of the spare. But the Japan price is $60, and I was already ordering so much other stuff, so...

Once it gets here, I'll take some photos and let everyone know what the differences are.

4. akiraproject24

akiraproject24 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Impex is a solid company. Unfortunately the shipping rates have gotten crazy. Ive been ordering parts from them for my CR-Z for years now.

5. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Can anyone tell me what exactly 64778-47090 spare wheel protector is? similar named items on ebay from earlier prius are just a piece of what looks like Styrofoam that goes between the tire and the car body. This is the ONE PART from impex that I am going to cancel. While the part itself is cheap cheap cheap at $43USD, apparently the box is like 90cm x 80 cm x15 cm costing nearly $300USD to ship. Everything else I got from them is reasonable.

6. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    That's exactly what it is. It lifts the wheel to the correct height, centers it on the threaded insert, levels the spare in relation to the floor, and protects the tire and floor pan from each other.

Kengen5 likes this.
  7. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    this is like $150USD when available locally, I guess if they fight me on the $40 credit back, the $300 I ultimately save by not going with this would still have me like $100 ahead. I think what got me is that the protectors for previous prius look small, maybe the size of the wheel. I do not see how the box could be 90cm x 80 cm really? nearly 3ft x 2.5ft? not so sure about that.

8. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    The box seems oversize, but maybe not grossly so. This version of the protector looks like it might be larger than the tire. That would put the box at a bare minimum of 68 cm x 68 cm with no padding out for packaging. Add some extra foam on all sides to keep the protector from getting damaged in shipping, and 90cm x 80cm might not be that outrageous.

I'll link the parts diagram for the protector so you can see its shape, at least.

Attached Files:

9. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    The spoiler arrived!

will be at least a week before I am back to the Prius though

IMG_0733.jpeg IMG_0734.jpeg IMG_0735.jpeg

otatrant, BacknBlack and PhoS like this.
  10. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    The deck foam, wheel and screw down arrived.
    will need to get the foam floor protector, maybe the us market bracket and nuts, and reinforced lid.

of everything, i think these were the mission critical parts

IMG_0573.jpeg

otatrant likes this.
  11. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Nice. My order is still slowly processing. 8 of 18 items have delivery dates to their warehouse from 9/10 to 9/20. The other 10 are still blank.

I only check the status 10 or 20 times a day. :D

12. PhoS

PhoS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Finally a look at what the spare tire foam looks like. Kinda bummed that you loose a bunch of storage but a spare is a must have. I can see why you'd need the reinforced deck.

ps. can you confirm the PNs for that stuff?

13. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    The install might be slow, i had everything sent to ny as mentioned earlier in the thread. My prius will be in ny in february. I am mailing the spoiler back to myself in washington so i should have that installed next week. In the meantime i am seeing if i can order the rest of the parts locally. So far, i have been following the referenced part numbers to the T

14. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A

Did you say Fumoto valve?!

What part # are you planning to install, and are any adapters or additional parts required? I don't see any recommendations on their website.

Planning to get one... even if I won't be doing my own changes for a while.

Many thanks!!

15. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    i bought, i believe this is the right one based on engine even though it is not yet listed. I have not installed yet… not oil change time yet.

F133S with LC-10 S-Series Large Body FUMOTO Valve with Short Nipple and LC-10 Lever Clip for 12mm-1.25

16. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Search for a 2023 Corolla 2.0L L4(Prius) or a Lexus UX250h 2.0L L4(Prius Prime).

You'll actually get the same results for both searches, but those use the exact oil pans as the respective Priuses.

Both pans have a shallow angle with a wide recession that won't need an adapter. Best bet is probably the F133 series. The original F133 if you don't want to attach a hose, or a F133S(short nipple) or F133N(long nipple) if you do want to attach a hose while draining the pan.

An SX-type valve will fit(F103SX or B103SX), but the angle of the plug in the oil pan is so shallow that I think the 90 degree angle in those valves will hurt more than it helps. I'll attach a photo of the oil pan used on a Prime so you can see what I mean. The oil pan on a Prius uses the same plug angle.

Prius Prime oil pan image.jpg

17. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the detailed replies! Waiting to see if fumoto has a holiday special this weekend- the company usually does on Labor Day..

18. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    And sure enough, fumotousa.com has a promo- free shipping in the USA, or $5 off shipping internationally.
    type HARDWORK as the coupon code.

19. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
  20. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    @lohikaarme

Did you have to prompt Impex at any point? About half of my items have a delivery date to Impex assigned, but half are still only listed as processing. It's been a week since anything changed. Do you know if that's normal or do you think I should contact them for info?

Order was made 8/22 and immediately paid.
    First update to the order was 8/28 with about half given delivery dates.
    Delivery dates are 9/10-9/20