1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

nearly complete on mods

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by lohikaarme, Aug 12, 2023.

1. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    negative, I just sat tight and they got them all in on their own. No issues except the outrageous shipping on the foam that I cancelled. Side note, I received a refund for the shipping I did pay on that order and a refund for the reinforced floor I ordered (it was not in yet but I anticipated the shipping would be just as much so i cancelled it before they received it in stock). To be fair I told them I would eat the cost of the foam ($40) because the shipping risk is on me. If you ordered that foam, they probably have it in stock from me cancelling :p

2. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    spoiler installed. Vey reminiscent of the gen2 touring spoiler. For those that do not know, the gen2 touring spoiler actually extended further out than the regular model. (I did end up getting that and replacing my regular spoiler back in the day).

Fitment is 9/10. There is a little overhang on the very edges where the lip of the spoiler could have made better contact with the trunk. It is totally secure, and had I "molded" the spoiler around the trunk as I allowed the tape to set I could have made it totally flush but then the strain would be on the spoiler and it is barely noticeable unless you look up at the spoiler from underneath.

IMG_0738.JPG IMG_0739.JPG IMG_0740.JPG IMG_0741.JPG IMG_0742.JPG IMG_0743.JPG IMG_0744.JPG

3. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    you can actually see what I am talking about in the blurry photo 5 closest to camera. There is a ridge that hooks around the back of the trunk. That ridge is right up against the trunk dead center and pretty much most of the way around except the very corners. You can see the (blurry) ridge like 1mm or so off the trunk in picture 5. It is not a big deal, the tape is recessed in and making good contact all around. I did not want to put strain on the spoiler to force it to conform. While it would eventually mold by doing that, who knows what would happen in the process. I could always piano string cut this off later and re-tape it if it really annoys me but its one of those things you dont know about unless you are told to look. It is symmetrical on both sides.

4. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Thanks. I think you're correct. I did prompt them a bit, and it looks like someone forgot to update my order with the parts that were in stock. It wasn't 8 parts ordered, 10 parts pending, it was 8 parts ordered, 10 parts already in stock.

End result is that everything should be ready to ship to me in about two more weeks.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Ugh, you guys are just enabling Toyota. :cry:

I guess it’s a case of wadyagointodo.

6. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I'm not religious in the least, but I like the wisdom found in the Serenity Prayer:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

I could go on for hours(pages) on the topic and how it applies here, but I'm just going to leave it at that.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    My take is to just consider cars that do come with a spare. It does two things, or I would like to think it does:

1. saves me having to deal with this after-sale rigamarole.

2. Gives business to the good guys, and sends a message to the chiselers.

8. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Eh, im a believer that if you want to mod a car to suit your needs and you can afford it, do it. The facts of the matter are simple, car company going to do what car company going to do. You do things for you, not to show the car company.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  9. pendragon

pendragon New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    that’s awesome. Where can you get the parts catalog for these things? I can figure out only how to look via part # from impex. Wanna get some cool stuff for my new Prius..

10. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I use a bunch of different sources.

PRIUS(プリウス) GR PARTS(GRパーツ) | TRD (PRIUS(プリウス) GR PARTS(GRパーツ) | TRD)
    トヨタ プリウス | 装備・オプション | アクセサリー | トヨタ自動車WEBサイト
    https://www.toyota-tech.eu/ (gives you access to the parts system for a fee)

Then just a ton of searching. I ended up stumbling this YahooJapan store that got me some parts numbers for the accessories:
    車の部品屋 C-parts - PRIUS(プリウス)2022/12〜(TOYOTA (トヨタ))|Yahoo!ショッピング

11. pendragon

pendragon New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I appreciate it! Was able to find the GR parts one myself but saw you had a ton more accessories and didn't know how to go about that. Thanks again.

12. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Any chance of posting a list here? Or got another source for part numbers? Can't access Yahoo Japan from Europe.

Or is there some other way of locating these at Impex etc?

13. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Here are the part numbers I've found that should work on a LHD car and are not easily available as a local option. These are all standard options from the Japanese accessory catalog.

08285-47000 Sliding Armrest
    0852B-47080 Interior Illumination (front and rear?)
    0852B-47090 Interior Illumination (rear only?)
    08641-47110 Reversed Linked Side Mirrors
    0852D-47080 Projection Illumination
    08162-47040 Side Visor (basic)
    08162-47050 Side Visor (basic)

If there are any specific things from the accessory catalog you'd like the part numbers for, let me know and I'll try to find them.

otatrant likes this.
  14. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! There is one other thing I've not located - that window power cord grommet. But it's not an accessory, it comes with the car, afaik, so should be in a Japanese parts catalogue, but not found it in the Europe one.

15. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    This search will keep you going for a while on accessories, although by page 6 you're down to mugs and keyrings with cartoon Priuses on...

【楽天市場】MXWH6の通販

16. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    That I can help you with: 67217-47020

17. Alessandro_Ibi

Alessandro_Ibi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Long story short: I have a good audio system at home and never had a good audio system in my cars. Is this a good option?
    Premium sound 8ch speaker & double tweeter system
    Hi-res audio and optimized by Yamaha, Not so unobtrusive, by the look of the two double tweeters. Some opinions?
    @KMO Rakuten : seen a 4 muffler exhaust, but ....is it supposed ALSO to enhance performance?
    Have also seen in this Japanese video, near the end, the Vehicle to Load plug to service your appliances, we would need a plug post cover to protect from rain, snow etc.

Regards
    Alessandro

#57 Alessandro_Ibi, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  18. Mksky

Mksky Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Are you talking about this speakers?
    トヨタ アクセサリー | ナビオプション | プレミアムサウンド8chスピーカー&ダブルツィーターシステム | トヨタ自動車WEBサイト

19. Alessandro_Ibi

Alessandro_Ibi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
  20. Mksky

Mksky Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I tried to look for it but I found nothing about the installation instructions.

I found a close-up picture of the speaker and it seems like it's not fully integrated into the car but rather hovered or glued on the top of the dashboard with exposed wire as you can see below:

[​IMG]

Not sure if that's what you want