1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need a 2005 Prius ABS Module Actuator Pump

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Brett Martz, May 31, 2023.

1. Brett Martz

Brett Martz New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am getting codes C1252, C1256, C1391. I believe the actuator pump needs changed. Replacement seems straightforward enough. Where can I get a good replacement at the best price? Online ranging from $400-$1,000?!? I have 163,000 miles on the prius, lifetime warranty on a hybrid battery replacement that went in at 100,000. Other than that have not had any issues. Any help is appreciated. Trying to get my truck back in the garage and the prius back on the road. Gas prices will make up the difference in part cost soon!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The replacement is quite time consuming and may take you up to 5 hours to do this. Also when you're done, you'll need a computer software to bleed the brake system for you.

It may be best to buy a new one, a used one can fail like yours did. Not sure that's worthwhile with that much labor involved

3. Maloose

Maloose New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I just did this --it took me a long time but it can be done...I'm going to make a post about it soon

4. BrokenPipe

BrokenPipe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Go to your local salvage yard for the best price on all the parts you need. Around here it's the Pick-n-pull. Also wait until they have a 50%off sale on everything if you can wait. Though that's not always possible.

5. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You pays your money and takes your chances.

You already have a used part -( that's likely bad.) Why should another used part be much better? I have read that some have good luck doing this, others not so much. Maybe the replacement part still has pressure leakage, or noisy pump, or cannot relearn the linear solenoid offset.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.