1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need a crash course on PIP

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Frontporch, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish a rebuild for both of these units was an option.

I went from being optimistic at the beginning of this thread to coming to terms with where Mendel was at, to now worrying about my Gen2 brake pump.

I am willing to work through a brake part replacement... and even got a copy of techstream that I am going to try out later, but now it seems like i have two possible brake parts that may be failing and both are expensive enough to break almost any deal on a high mileage car with other potential motor issues.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if you can diy it, the parts aren't too bad, are they?

3. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like most replace both parts with new and I think that is about $1500 but I would have to check into it. I guess if you can diagnose the leak you can get by with replacing only one. Could also but haven’t seen the supply of master cylinders. Lots of abs boosters on eBay

OK.. looks like around $600 for each part online. Not too terrible.

#63 Frontporch, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    bisco likes this.
  4. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Still considering this car while it remains unsold. One small step forward, I was able to get a copy of techstream working as a virtual machine in Oracle's Virtual Box software.

bisco likes this.