1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need a full set of sun shades.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Priumvirate, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Priumvirate

Priumvirate Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Summary: I sleep in my car a lot. No, I'm not homeless, but it's actually extremely comfortable to sleep in between classes, before work, etc (I have a custom cut mattress in it). Problem is, it's too glassy and bright. I need a 100% full set of sun shades - front, rear, and all the side windows. Anyone know a source? The shop here used to carry them, but they don't have them anymore. I tried making velcro curtains but I just cannot seem to do a good enough job.

Also, I want to keep my car cooler since I just replaced my HV battery. Can anyone recommend a decent white car cover so it doesn't bake in the sun all day? I know car covers aren't good for the paint, but I worry more about my battery than the paint. Thanks.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I don't know if anyone makes a full set, but I would definitely tint the windows as dark as possible (legal/personal preference). also you might find something to make your own shades at a craft or fabric store. front shades are on ebay; I haven't looked into side or rear shades.
    as far as a cover, calcarcover does make custom fit outdoor covers for the prius, but they're $200-$320. I had one for my chevelle, it didn't last as long as i'd hoped.

3. Gorilla97

Gorilla97 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw a bunch of shades on eBay that might work

4. Safi

Safi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Active

Google blinds4cars they've got everything! They're custom made cheaper than tints and do the job well! Been using them since a year now.

5. T.S. Elliot

T.S. Elliot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'll sell you my Heatshield sunshade for $20 + free shipping. It's specifically for the gen 2.

6. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Guys....@Priumvirate hasn't been on the site for almost 5 years...…..but if you have something interesting to sell, the private sales forum is available. I'm sure there would be some people interested.

7. nolotank

nolotank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll take this, if OP doesn't!

T.S. Elliot likes this.
  8. T.S. Elliot

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I understand where you're coming from, but he specifically made a post stating that he needed a product. I wasn't even planning on selling mine, but I had something on hand that could help him out. I felt it could meet his need and I offered to sell below market value to help a fellow Priuschat member out.

sent a PM

9. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    No problem. I just thought that maybe you didn't notice the thread was from January 2014. Didn't want you feel obligated to be waiting around on a reply from him if opportunity was there to sell it to someone else.

10. T.S. Elliot

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Not at all haha, but it worked