1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need a Hybrid Battery in Oregon

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by GreyPriusowner07, Nov 24, 2017.

1. GreyPriusowner07

GreyPriusowner07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Currently located in Ashland, Oregon about five hours south of Portland and five hours north of San Francisco. Just informed that the hybrid battery needs replaced. The Toyota dealer quoted me $3000.

I have a 2007 Prius with 178000 miles. It’s doesnt seem worth it to pay that kind of money on such an old vehicle.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go in the Pacific Northwest or Northern California area for a reliable refurbished battery?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    reliable is the operative term. how many years/miles would you like to keep it?

3. GreyPriusowner07

GreyPriusowner07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A year or two at the most. I’m also considering selling it to the dealer as is and buying another beater. The exterior of the car isn’t that great and now add the battery issue. Even with a refurbished battery the car won’t be worth much on a trade in.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what you want is the warranty. search for hybrid battery replacement companies, or call auto parts stores that sell them. maybe they can hook you up with an installer. you just want parts and labor warranty so you don't have to keep paying every time it breaks, so, reputation and a solid business is key.