1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need a "Prius batteries don't pollute" flyer to give to "deniers"

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ProximalSuns, Jul 31, 2012.

1. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Oh, they already changed the term "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" now, which means no matter the earth is warming or cooling, we all need to pay this environment tax, and all nations are forced to participate, ruled by this unelected elite class in the name of UN, or something else.

If anyone was concerned about the warming, and now he seemlessly shifted to concern of both warming and cooling, and he is sincere, probably he is not too far from being naive, or ignorant, like I was years ago.

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you not think the climate is changing? The precipitation patterns are changing, the sea level is rising.

Not that I want to be ruled by an elite class from the UN, nor do I belive their solutions will work. The politics of it may be troubling, but that is different from the fact that if it is happening. I know that they do have carbon type taxes in europe, but we have none in the US. Instead we have government encouragement to use more oil and coal.

3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    posted in the wrong spot

4. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bet you this:

If the climate does not change at all in next two years, they will convince lots of people that climate should have changed, back and forth, in 50 years cycle. And we need to pay the same tax, somehow to make the temperature oscillate plus and minus 1.2 degrees every 50 years, based on mainstream scientific community's consensus. There will be lots of highly respected scientists go onto media to prove the danger of "Deadlock Climate".

Think about all the reasons why most people concerned about warming.
    Then think about all the reasons to worry about Changing.
    We simply can't say that both are valid.
    At least you have to show me that the warming theory was false, in order to convince me the new theory of "Changing is the real danger". Am I unreasonable?

I can't stop laughing when I read what I just wrote...

5. ultraturtle

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, except that for parts of the country like mine, he is correct. Emissions from electric sources to power cars down here (coal) spout out twice the pollution than I get from hybrid mode operation of my PiP. It is the reason I chose it over the Volt, which can only equal caustic emissions of coal fired power plants, not beat them - as can the PiP.

6. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's a bogus argument as electric sources vary and people can purchase clean energy. The cracker barrel criticism of the Prius seems to center on the "dirty batteries" so the quick facts sheet works to answer that.

7. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Get a few solar panels.

8. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yes. And grossly uninformed. It probably has something to do with your sneering at scientific consensus, since you clearly do not read and cannot understand the scientific literature.