1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need a reset?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by AndrewD, Dec 20, 2013.

1. AndrewD

AndrewD New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have posted before about how my Prius has gone down in miles per gallon and I found out it is because of the cold. I have noticed that the car gets the best mileage right after a fill up of gas.
    Here's something I noticed when I got the car and filled up the tank. It would take about a 130 miles before the first bar (gas gauge) on the far right would go out. The car then was averaging about 53 MPG. Now that it is cold the first bar on the gas gauge goes out at 60 miles! Seen in the pics below the first bar is gone and the average is 54.2 MPG and 69 miles (bar went out at 60 miles). Is this again because it is cold (30's) or does the car's system need to be reset? I heard that disconnecting the battery could reset the software.

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Its the bladder, all of the gen II's do it. Yours is acting the same as mine. It is normal. I can go 110 - 120 miles during summer and 60 - 70 during the winter before the first pip goes away.

The cold temps and the winter gas also comes into play also.

"Reset" as you are referring to is a waste of time.

As you get used to the car over the seasons you will see what I am saying. Trust me, what you are describing is NORMAL.

Best of luck to you!