1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need a Scanner for 2002 Prius (1st Generation) Help!

Discussion in 'OBDII iPhone App' started by Sandy Meyers, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Sandy Meyers

Sandy Meyers Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    im getting the dreaded "exclamation point with the car warning" on my original 2002 Prius. It appears the inverter pump is not working after I watched a couple of YouTube videos too.
    I purchased an Autel Diaglink Scanner for $109 from Amazon which appears Windows 10 compatible which will let me download 1 free manufacturer's codes.

Does anyone know if this scanner will work or if I should acquire a different scanner?

The car still starts and I'd like to have repairs made myself before I haul her into the repair shop. I'm now at $93,000 miles and everything has been great until the other day.
    Let me know what you think. I'm a DIY'er, would love to find someone in So. Cal who can work on this car as needed.
    Many thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Sandy Meyers

Sandy Meyers Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Update: I contacted Autel technical support this morning and they tell me their consumer models do not support the hybrid models. They recommend the Autel commercial shop models instead. Yikes! Sounds like a gazillion dollars, so I am returning the Diaglink to Amazon.

Any other suggestions? I really want to get this diagnosed myself before I take it to a repair shop for any potential unwarranted repairs. I se a lot of women getting taken advantage of by unscrupulous independent authorized hybrid repair shops, and I'd like to avoid dealer as well. Thanks!