1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Advice - Buying Parts online

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SWprius08, Apr 19, 2011.

1. SWprius08

SWprius08 SoCalprius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello All,

I need to buy a OEM AC condenser as probably a flying rock broke the lines. (I will secure the grill with a metal mesh after replacing). Local toyota dealer is quoting about $ 375. While I checked some online stores and their prices are about 20% less including shipping and taxes. I want to know if any one has experience buying parts online from the below sites. Or please suggest a relaible online store for OEM Prius parts.

toyotapartscenter.net
    Toyotapartscheap.com
    toyotaoemparts.com
    Discount Toyota Parts

Whats fishy is that all these websites are designed in the same way, and looks like they all use the same format for searching parts. Also what concerns me the most is that none of these are Better Business Bureau Accredited (www.bbb.org)

Thank You

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Almost all of them use some flavor of trademotion. They are the online stores of dealership parts counters. Mostly, beware of a price that is much lower than everyone else, and be careful that you don't buy from a dealer in your state that would cause you to pay sales tax.

My personal favorite is partznet.com (Conicelli out of New Jersey).

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am very pleased with the pricing and prompt order fulfillment at Champion Toyota in Houston: toyotaworld.com

1 person likes this.
  4. SWprius08

SWprius08 SoCalprius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    About how many times have you ordered from them? Any issues? Better Business has rated B to Conicelli Autoplex. Which is better than no rating.

5. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a Toyota dealership in the Chicago suburbs where you can call the parts dept and get a modest discount, probably about the same as what you're seeing. PM if you want details on the kinda-hookup.

6. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have only dealt with the Toyota parts guys on several orders, including a return for a refund, and a case where one of the parts was backordered, but they still gave me the top level discount even though the total on the remainder was under the threshold for free shipping, let alone the requirement for 15% off. Not that it is technically a problem, but they will not ship fluids.

1 person likes this.
  7. SWprius08

SWprius08 SoCalprius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you Seilerts and all others for giving advice. At this point I am looking to consider Conicelli Autoplex