1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need advice on 2015 Prius front speaker

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pkcheng55, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Youll need to parallel both each side front door and dash speakers for 1 ohm load then have an amp that will drive at 1 ohm load without overheating.

For classsic music, what media are you using to playback the audio source?

Disclaimer- this reply may not apply in all situations.

2. Blue Prius2015

Blue Prius2015 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The standard Prius CD player is the source for us.

3. Colin Vining

Colin Vining New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    V
    Hey, after a 3 year lease, then a 3 year buy out, I know own my Prius and am anxious to do something with the sound system. It has the GPS/Radio/Information head unit.I have about 30 years car audio experience, from 1975 to 2005. Main question, is this an all in 1 head or is there a separate piece, located somewhere in the vehicle for the actual radio module? My only other query after an endless internet search is what impedance are the factory speakers. Any information will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

4. PriusHead05

PriusHead05 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The headunit is one unit, unless you have the JBL sound system in which you will have the JBL amp mounted under the passenger seat. I'm not sure about the speakers.