1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need advice on what to buy, Front floor mats or floor liners?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by dfine1966, Aug 16, 2017.

1. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I have a 2016 Toyota Prius 4 touring with the regular floor mats, except for the cargo area, which is all weather. I have had the car for a year and the driver side floor mat is starting wear out, and most likely a hole will happen within the next month or two. The hole is where I place the heel of my right foot. This is nothing new for me. Every car I have ever had for the last twenty years, I have created a hole. I know I am causing it, but bad habits are hard to break after 35 years of driving. This time I realized I should do something before the hole shows up. That is why I think I should buy an all weather type of mat. Where I live the summer is very hot and the winters are not bad at all. If it snows at all, it usually turns to ice. That is the type of weather you get when you live South in the U.S.

I would like the mat to be comfortable for my feet, but protective. I do drive a good amount. It should also be able handle the summer heat. It should handle spills, mud, etc. Even if it comes with with the front row or even the back row, most likely I will only use the one for the driver's side. I might change my mind later and change the passengers side. I don't need the back for now, but I could use it in the future, possibly.

I see there are a few options available. There is WeatherTech with two types of mats, the floor liner (plastic) and the All-Weather mat (Rubber). There is also the OEM Toyota All-Weather floor mat (I think it is rubber). In my opinion, the OEM is not as nice looking as the others because of the leaf that Toyota put on it. The last choice I saw online was the Husky WeatherBeater (I think that isnPlastic). I know this one you can only get with the front seat and back. The price, though, is not much more than the price of the WeatherTech Floor liner.

After explaining why I need it, which mat or liner would you recommend for me? I am running out of time and I don't want to ruin another mat.

2. Deogratias

Deogratias Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have Huskyliners in my Gen4. I had weathertech's most expensive mats in my old car and was not impressed. Over time, the weathertech mats became impossible to clean. You could scrub and scrub, and they still looked filthy. So far, I'm much happier with the Huskyliners, but I've only had them a few months.

I recommend buying mats ASAP. It really does make a huge difference in keeping your car's carpet in good shape, but it also keeps the car cleaner. Contoured mats have less crevices for dirt to hide in than any other covering you can use.

RCO likes this.
  3. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    FWIW I purchased WeatherTech All-Weather mats for our 2016 Prius v Three. Very happy I did.

4. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    So one person bought the Husky and the other bought weathertech all-weather mats (I am assuming this is the regular plain rubber mat, not the floorliner. Both seem to like what they got. I do want to know the differences between the types. I am really looking for comfort on my foot, (not sure how the plastic version will feel). Plus I don't want a hole in the mat. How comfortable is the plastic floorliners (Husky Weatherbeater and Weathertech Floor liner) compared to the OEM Toyota All-Weather mat and the Weathertech All-Weather mat? Want to decide be the weekend.

5. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Well I just checked what I actually bought versus what I thought I bought and in fact I bought the WeatherTech Floor Liners. Duh...

It's tough getting old...

They are rubber, fit well and look good not to mention saving the carpet underneath them. I have not had an issue with comfort while driving but that is a pretty subjective thing to measure. They are a bit pricey though...

I bought front seat floor liners and the second row seating floor liner.

2016 Toyota Prius V | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech.com

RCO likes this.
  6. Deogratias

Deogratias Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'd say they're about equally comfortable.

7. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought the OEM Toyota all-weather mats from an Amazon seller and am happy wth them.

RCO likes this.
  8. sillymike

sillymike Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited