1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Advice: Priced too low? _2008_Pkg._#6_82k_ODO_for_$11.9k________ ( lots of details )

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Senzo, May 24, 2014.

1. Senzo

Senzo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Great advice.

How would I do that without removing the battery pack myself and testing it?

Can anyone tell me what I should specifically ask to see from the dealer's hybrid tech guy?

A printout of the voltage deltas?
    A printout of their techstream diagnostics software?

Thanks

2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Honestly, there's no real way to test the pack. Plus, you are still under warranty til 2018 or 150,000 miles so why worry about that? Hopefully it does go bad and gets replaced lol. Honestly, this seems like a great car. Great cars don't last long at dealers.

3. JasonGoalie34

JasonGoalie34 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the price is pretty good.

I have an older one with less mileage (2004, 53K), and my price was 10K even (before tax and dealer BS). So I think a newer one with slightly higher mileage would fall into the 11-12K range. In fact, I'd try to get them to take a few bucks off for all the stuff you found.

4. Senzo

Senzo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the support and advice.

Haha, the vehicle was sold the day after I saw it. Memorial Weekend. :p Inexperienced eyes and limited dealer interaction definitely prevented me from acting a bit sooner.

Definitely learned a couple good hard lessons from then whole experience although it was shorter than I had hoped.
    Yes, it was a great car at a great price although it wasn't maintained as meticulously as PC members would have done.

I have found a couple potential cars and if I am successful I will introduce myself in the newbie forums.

Thanks again everyone for reading and I hope everyone has a awesome week!

5. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just remember, if you find a good vehicle for a good price, it will disappear fast. If you see it, try to check everything out right then and there and negotiate the deal. If you leave with the intention of coming back, if its a good car, it will likely disappear. I bought my 05 out from under the nose of someone who was trying to be super meticulous. They were fuming when they came back and the car was gone (so the dealer told me anyway).

Now don't mistake what I'm saying, its ok to be super meticulous, you just have to do it right then and there. :)