1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need battery help

Discussion in 'Ford/Lincoln Hybrids and EVs' started by Wrecit, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Wrecit

Wrecit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Ok first off I know we are on Prius chat but......

Son's father in law is giving him a Ford c max to fix up. It was parked a little over a year ago because fil got a new one. When parked it was in working order but needed new brakes, a little wing window and the plug in battery was crapped out. Hybrid battery was fine though

The issue is after a year the 12v is dead. Assuming the hybrid will also be dead because it's been sitting. What's the chances the hybrid battery won't need replaced and how should I proceed

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First find and apply 12 volts, then retrieve the stored OBD2 codes before proceeding.

3. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Doesn't the c-Max have Lithium battery?

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Get on the CMAx site and get the voltage in particulars for charging and try and charge it first maybe let's see where you are with that of course this is a plug-in setup so all you got to do is drag it to an outlet and plug it up and wait see if the charger ever green lights or gives you diagnostic codes. And then proceed from there if it's like the Ford focus hybrid or was it the Ford focus electric whichever you can't even get a battery it's like 29,000 or something awfully crazy horse for the sake of this discussion that's an electric or easy versus a hybrid.

5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After you replace the 12v it sounds like you have to do some research on the basics of what features the car has. Some C-max (unlike Toyota) come with a plugin wall charger to charge the hybrid battery up.

If not, first step is getting a volt meter on the hybrid pack to see if you have enough power left to start the engine. There should be a youtube video or some website somewhere that shows you how to do that. If it's lower than what's required to start the engine we can help you figure out an inexpensive charging system, unless you can buy one? I'd of pulled those minimum charge numbers for you but without the year and model info we can't help much.