1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Cover/insert p/n for 2012 Interior Ceiling Handle

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by spongebob, Jan 10, 2020.

1. spongebob

spongebob Not paying 'THE MAN' so much for fuel anymore!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    First the story. I had mice put 4 acorns into my headliner, specifically in the rear portion. All of a sudden this winter, I hear rolling sounds coming from my rear headliner. So I put off some hard plastic interior parts, and the ceiling aka dome light and out come acorns! How the heck did they get up there??!! While I was at it, I also checked under the hood and sure enough, evidence of eaten acorns on the motor and inside the air filter compartment.
    Well, I broke one of the Cover/Inserts for the interior courtesy handle. I can't find an exploded drawing or a cover that looks like this one. Its the cover, with a square insert with a 'hook' at its end. Its inserted in between the silver metal expansion clips that go through the handle, past the headliner and into the hole in the metal of the roof body.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bob

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You mean like here?

3. spongebob

spongebob Not paying 'THE MAN' so much for fuel anymore!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes! Thanks very much ChapmanF. That led me to p/n 74612-52030-E3
    Regards
    SB