1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help/advice on purchesing a used 2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nmeurett, Nov 16, 2011.

1. nmeurett

nmeurett New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok so im looking at buying a Prius. I was interested in the Prius C but my friend works at a dealership and they just got a 2008 Toyota Prius in with 47,000 miles for $16,000. He said that it has the smart key, upgraded audio and backup camera as well.

Would you wait for the Prius C to come out or do you think that is a good deal on the 2008 Prius. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    2008 is a really good year. Almost all bugs were worked out, the fifth year of a six year production run. Prius c is a brand new vehicle. No manufacturer is immune to having problems in the first 1-2 years of production. Availability is still months away, March? On the plus, the c has better MPG.

If you take the 2008, make sure it has two, preferably three, smart keys. Even with your friend's discount, you are still looking at $200 per key.

3. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sounds like a low mileage and well equipped plus reasonable dollar, I would go for the G2 2008 model. First year model would make me uneasy as well. Hal