1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NEED HELP, ADVICES/ SUGGESIONS :PRIUS NEW LOVER

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Rukhsar Khan, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Rukhsar Khan

Rukhsar Khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I recently bought Prius 3 Hybrid 2013. Its absolutely interesting to drive as well as fuel efficient.

Please! Help to figure out some basic operations.

So when rotate the light stick on the left of steering wheel. It turns on the side bulbs on my head lights, On second click it turns on interior lights and third one when I see green Light symbol on my dashboard. ( IS THAT MY REGULAR LOW BEAM?) And when I move the stick forward it shows blue light on dashboard ( I GUESS THAT'S HIGH BEAM) so I means I can either turn my high beam on or can hold the stick for temporary passing, and I wana make sure I have my low beams on at night :p and also wana double check if he blue light on the dashboard is high beam or it's actually low beam. Omg I am sure I messed it up. Please help!!!! And what's the best way to Defog side windows? And best way to clean debris and any sticky dust from car exterior?

Prodigyplace likes this.
  2. Rukhsar Khan

Rukhsar Khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry for any typos, typed haphazardly.

3. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome and good luck with your new car!

Just park in front of a wall and run through the lighting controls; you will be able to see the results.

If you don't have a manual for your model, you can access it at Toyota Online Owners Manuals and Warranty.

Enjoy your Prus!

RCO likes this.
  4. Rukhsar Khan

Rukhsar Khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks that was helpful. And 2013 model with 92,000 Miles. Is it normal for a hybrid car?

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats!(y) that's a bit of high mileage. usually means a lot of highway driving, which is pretty easy on it. hard to be sure, because a 2013 could have been drive for 3 or 4 years, depending on when it was purchased.

when the light stick is pushed away, that's high beam and the blue light comes on. when it is pulled toward you but released, that's low beam, no blue light, just the green headlight on lamp. when you pull it all the way toward you, that's temporary high beam, and blue light indicator on, until you release it.
    all the best!

Rukhsar Khan and RCO like this.
  6. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome!

Considering that would be up to 4 years of driving, that seems reasonable to me.
    You can find a lot of information from other users on the Prius c forums at Toyota Prius c Forums | PriusChat

Rukhsar Khan likes this.
  7. Rukhsar Khan

Rukhsar Khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you very much guys. My Prius is 2013 2Gen. I am not able to connect it with Entune ; It keep saying VIN is invalid ( and I know I am typing it right ). Now, I figure that Gen2 doesn't have navigation but it's okay I will mount my iPhone. But I should be able to connect Entune. Another question is, I have met many Prius drivers, who drives 2010 or 2012 model and ha back up camera, I have never seen any footage while backing up. So I assume no camera And I can't open my Hatchback Trunk. I opened a week ago. I can't figure, what I am doing wrong? I press the button to release on the back but it's not working. Is there anyway to open the trunk from inside? And Pressing unlock button twice will open it? I have never used my key button so far. Due to amazing censor technology, but I am stuck at opening my trunk. Please help for mentioned questions.

I will appreciate your help. I am upset that my Prius is not apps suite enable. Is there any way to upgrade my multimedia, so I can access GPS and other apps,too?

8. Moving Right Along

Moving Right Along Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    According to your profile, you have a Prius c (the small one), and that doesn't have different generations. If you have a 2013 normal-sized Prius, then it would be 3rd generation. Your profile also says your car has trim level 3, which includes both Entune and navigation. If yours does not have navigation and you can't use Entune, you probably have trim level 2 and not 3. You should be able to open the hatchback by just pressing the release and pulling up. If that doesn't work, try standing closer so the car can detect the smart key and hold the button for a couple seconds before pulling up. And yes, pressing the unlock button on the key fob will unlock all the doors and the hatch.

While it is possible to upgrade your car to include navigation, etc., it would be a lot of effort and money for things you can do on your phone. You'd have the same functionality by installing a cheap phone bracket and using the apps on the phone for navigation, etc.

#8 Moving Right Along, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    RCO likes this.