1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help choosing a hitch

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by a_bucket, Sep 26, 2012.

1. a_bucket

a_bucket Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

I've recently got into world of biking. I'm still new to it and I'm basically just biking around town with friends and such (I'm using a Trek 8.2 dual sport). Unfortunately, some of my friends live far and I'd like to be able move my bike (and maybe another bike) from city to city. I don't really know anything about hitches and I don't plan on using it for anything else. I'm driving a 2010 Prius. I'd prefer a hitch over a roof rack. I don't really know where to begin so suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

2. insightprius

insightprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am on the same boat. I'm looking at Curt hitch (#11469) and Thule EuroClassic G6 LED 928.
    The drawback is that this particular Thule model doesn't seem to be available in the U.S.
    Some UK retailers on EBay can ship it to the U.S. though.

3. a_bucket

a_bucket Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I saw a few hitches from etrailer, mainly the Draw-Tite Class I Sport Frame Receiver and Hidden Hitch Class I Receiver hitches. Any thoughts?

4. insightprius

insightprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I noticed quite a few people commented on Curt hitches here. It seems to be easy to install and $128 on online retailers.

5. jaymac

jaymac membore

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  6. HprDad

HprDad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Have you considered putting the bike inside? My Trek FX goes in easy with the seats down. I use a canvasback liner to protect the upholstery.