1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help identifying part

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by chayashida, Jul 6, 2014.

1. chayashida

chayashida Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Flickr: cshayashida's Photostream

I need help identifying a sensor (or something) inside the driver's side front wheel well. It's hanging down in the center of the picture.

It hangs off the electrical harness that connects to the A/C coolant system (I think). I don't know if it's safe to ziptie to the harness, so that it doesn't swing and contact the wheel while I'm driving.

I ran over a truck tire tread on Friday on the way home from work, and it tore up the front grill and all the aerodynamic parts underneath the car, as well as the driver's side front wheel well liner. I suspect that's where this sensor was located.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2. chayashida

chayashida Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, after I figured out that I could disconnect the sensor, I was able to read the part number: 89747-48020 068900-3840

After Googling it, I saw it listed as a Lexus buzzer. When the buzzer is removed, the car doesn't beep when you lock or unlock the car. Horn still works.

Anyway, hope this helps someone else that might get here via Google.