1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help identifying what generation HSD I have

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Forrest Roche, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Forrest Roche

Forrest Roche New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello

I purchased a 2018 model year Toyota Auris Hybrid here in Spain a few months ago and would like help to identify the generation of the hybrid system. I see many references to HSD2, HSD3, HSD4, but cannot find out where I can find that information about my own vehicle.

I ask because I would like to purchase a Carista for customization and possible interface with the Hybrid Assistant app. But on Hybrid Assistant's blog it says

Carista
    Reading speed: medium (2x slower compared to OBDLink LX)
    This adapter is fine for HSD2 and HSD3 cars, but it can’t handle HSD4 cars (i.e: Prius 4, C-HR, Corolla)

I also went to Carista's site and on their dropdown it says the tool is compatible with 1st an 2nd Generation Auris. They label 1st as 2007-20012 and 2nd as 2012+. I don't believe they are talking about the HSD generation but I want to be sure. Carista does not reply to my inquiries.

Any help would be appreciated.

A pic of the car, just because I am still excited by the novelty:

[​IMG]

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

gorgeous vehicle, i wish we got those.

it is generation four, so that should be hsd4

3. Forrest Roche

Forrest Roche New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you! So according to the Hybrid Assistant blog carista will not work with hybrid assistant for the HSD4, but does anyone know if carista will work for customization on this vehicle. I believe so but want to make sure before I order.

I would also like to know if anyone knows off the top of their head if carista app will work with the OBDLink LX adapter, I would prefer not to have to buy one adapter for carista and one for hybrid assistant... I know the carista will work with ELM327 adapters, but not sure about OBDLink which uses a different protocol...

Thanks in advance. :)