1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help locating Invoice price for Prius 3 Touring.

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by kqt2ktval, Aug 31, 2016.

1. kqt2ktval

kqt2ktval Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I can find the MSRP of Bizzard Pearl Three Touring @ 29,555 . Price in California, but could not locate the Invoice price. Tried Edmunds , and a few other sites. Could not get an exact figure.

Aside from going down to the dealership, the one Internet sales I've spoke with said it was 28ish. and I find that hard to believe that it's so high.

2. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I've noticed on the lower end trims the invoice is about $1200-$1300 under sticker msrp price. On the higher end trim levels with more markup it can be as low as $1500-$1600 under msrp for say a loaded four or 4t with options.

So it seems they were not lying to you..

FYI.

3. Michelle_r

Michelle_r Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    We got a "fleet deal", supposedly it was the "Costco Rate", which was Invoice + $200. We are in CA too, price before taxes & fees was $28,400 for Blizzard Pearl 3 Touring. I think there were 2 other line items on there...$200 or so for mats and trunk cover, so probably $28k invoice is right on the mark.

FYI, they showed us the invoice and it did indeed say $28,200.

This was right in line with the Edmunds and KBB "Average Price Paid", so we felt like we got an ok deal. Although, in retrospect I think we could have negotiated it down a bit, especially because of the Toyota rebates (we opted for 0% financing). It's kind of hard to argue Invoice + $200...

4. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There is the dealer invoice and then there is the price the dealer pays for the car. They are indeed two different things. The first is what they show you.

wrprice likes this.