1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Help on 2010 Prius electrical issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by joyonto, Apr 12, 2012.

1. joyonto

joyonto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    OK guys need help, I have this Prius involve in a wreck on the driver side. Ever since the wreck the hold beeps continusly, “check Hybrid system turns on†I drove it couple of time every things was fine ( see the video) now nothing comes on. After the wreck I had to jump every time I wanted to start, but now nothing even after multiple jumping attempt, the battery used to die because the brake like always stays on and as soon as I start the car the horn keeps on being non stop. Please help
    Thanks
    Please see the YouTube Video

2. Teakwood

Teakwood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Why don't you try getting some professional help near where you live?

3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    And how exactly did you jump the Prius? Trust you read the manual on what to do so as not to fry all the computers.

I have a horrible feeling about this :(

4. joyonto

joyonto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    well i i used the auxiliary battery in the back to start the car, but every time start and stop the brake light stays one and the horns starts beeping continuously. i have a video on you tube please look and see if you guys can help.
    i am thinking due to the wreck it messed up some wiring where it hit
    Please check on youtube

5. joyonto

joyonto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    thank you for your advise but i regret i am unable to take it. i want to learn how this things works and show diagnose the isse like this
    thanks

6. joyonto

joyonto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    well guys thank you for everything, i wish i could give you more information about it, hover i will try
    thanks

7. joyonto

joyonto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    here is the url for the video

8. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    OK what's the state of the 12v battery? Does it hold a charge or does it die within minutes of being connected? The Prius 12v is weak compared to traditional cars and if the car had been stood for a while after the initial accident or even stood for a few hours with the doors open then it could have failed. If it has failed it can cause all sorts of weird electrical gremlins and once failed it doesn't recover.

Try charging the 12v battery overnight OFF the car. Check the voltages before and then some time after the charger has been removed. Have a search on google for "12v Prius priuschat" and have a read. Alternatively, if the 12v is poor, try a new 12v and see if that resolves things but equally you don't want to keep throwing money at the car. Oh and don't mess up the polarity or you'll have even more problems than now.

My next question was what's the state of charge of the HV battery but looking at your video that seems to be full (6/8 bars is normal).

9. joyonto

joyonto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you guys for your knowledge transfer for the Prius, I haven't been able to see if the battery is holding power however I did charge the battery so I can start the car. Once starts and recharged from the car it used to stay on for 20 min for me to start the car again but when this video was taken nothing was working I kept the charger connected in there for a long time but nothing happened. The beeping is a coming problem I have another Prius just involve in a collisions apparently it's doing the same thing. Collision is on the front of the car. Please any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks.

10. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Best advice would be to take both cars (!!!) to a Toyota dealer to find out what codes show up. Pretty tough to diagnose over the interwebs.