1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Help Picking Seat Cover Colors

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Joe Schmo, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Joe Schmo

Joe Schmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I want to get the Clazzio leather seat covers for my 2015 Prius II but I am really bad at color coordinating. I have the winter gray exterior paint and I plastidipped all the chrome and wheel covers. The interior of the doors is a light gray fabric but the floors are black. The dash is black with gray accents. I'm sure many of you have the same interior.

I was thinking about getting the solid black leather seat covers but since the interior door walls are light gray I was wondering if this would clash. Maybe the dark gray covers would be better. I'm not sure if I want to go with a different color for the stitching though. Maybe dark gray with black stitching or black with dark or light gray stitching. Like I said I'm not good at matching colors.

Any thoughts?

2. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I prefer the black over gray personally. All black with gray stitching is simple and clean. Order extra material from @HAWAIIANBUILT to rewrap your door panels to match. Or if you want to go a step further, you can do a two-tone black outer /gray inner look. Check out @Montgomery latest posts to see his new two-tone Clazzio covers.

3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here is how mine came out. I chose dark gray shoulders and light gray middle.

Attached Files:

4. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would recommend going with light grey, with black stitching. It will blend in with your gray and black interior. It will provide a welcoming interior and stay cooler if you don't have tinted windows.

5. Joe Schmo

Joe Schmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They look good but I could have sworn the sides were black and white in the middle. What color is the stitching?

6. Joe Schmo

Joe Schmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to go with solid black.

I am so close to pulling the trigger with the ones from the Prius store here but then I saw this on ebay for $299

Toyota Prius 2010 2015 Clazzio Custom Fit Synthetic Leather Seat Covers | eBay

Clazzio Leather Seat Covers for 2010-2015 Toyota Prius - PriusChat Shop

Are these the exact same covers as what the Prius Shop carries? If so, why are they $150 less? If they are the same I'm going to feel like a chump buying them from the Prius store. Ebay says they are synthetic leather but isn't that also true with the other ones?

7. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the $300 black covers from eBay and I love them. They are not the same as the covers from the PC shop. The eBay is all PVC while the PC is a mix of PVC and real leather for the centers.

8. Joe Schmo

Joe Schmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Interesting. Since your skin will really only rub on the sides of the covers which is PVC for both then they probably both feel the same. I guess if you drive naked you could feel the leather in the middle. lol

m3pare likes this.
  9. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Stitching is Light gray

10. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Clazzio gives you the option to customize your covers. Instead of the one color look. I prefer the two-tone.