1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Help Picking Vanity Plate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jiw395, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Anubis

Anubis New Member

I was debating a few ideas and even asked for "votes" from some of my family members. I was torn. I finally decided on the more "easily-understandable" plate -- I got the idea from a member here who lives in (California?):

GOT MPG
    (like the Got Milk? ads)

But, I really liked:
    2 GO B4
    ("to go before" -- one of many ways to define the meaning of the latin word, Prius -- another I would have liked, but we only get 7 characters on our plates, is FWD THNKG [forward thinking]) Either way, though, nobody would have understood it, and I didn't want to have to try to explain it to everyone...

My original plan was to put ACCNTNT (accountant) on the first new car I purchased after graduating from college, but getting a Prius kind of changed that plan.

2. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have FIAT LUX - but I have had it for a couple years. It is Latin for "go look it up."
    Not sure true believers of any stripe would appreciate it if they got it.

FHOP? French House of Pancakes? Free Heels On Pins?

3. supermuffingirl

supermuffingirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Mine says:

KIKN GAS

We can only have 7 letters in Florida (or less, depending on the type of plate you get) plus 1 space

They also said that it can be revoked if someone complains that it is "offensive" :rolleyes:

4. jiw395

jiw395 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    WELL, my search is finally OVER. I ended up using"MPGXL" only because I found out at the last minute that I was only allowed 5 spaces, BECAUSE I needed a handicap plate. Regular plates are allowed 7 spaces, that choice was leaning towards "LESFILN" which I thought was pretty cool. And actually I'm happy with "MPGXL"
    SO< thanks to all those who helped....I couldn't have done it without this great group of gals and guys....

NOTE : will have handicap logo as well, in the left corner....

Attached Files:

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Good one!

I had a funky idea. This is something you can do in California and maybe other states. If you go to an antique car show and buy old plates, you can use them as vanity plates. This is so your 1949 Studbaker will have 1949 plates. I figured it'd be funny to have 1949 plates on a 21st century car.

It's either that or the bar code one from Back To The Future. :p

6. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norman H. Renehan @ Aug 18 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]305145[/snapback]</div>
    Whats wrong with "Prius" on your back license plate. It's a pretty word.
    Mary

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Masnyd @ Aug 26 2006, 04:37 PM) [snapback]309930[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, but like many of the suggestions, it's probably taken by now. That's the handicap, finding a vanity plate that isn't taken in your state.

8. jiw395

jiw395 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Whats wrong with "Prius" on your back license plate. It's a pretty word.
    Mary

Mary, its a nice idea, but sadly its taken.....

9. Anubis

Anubis New Member

In Utah, "PRIUS" is still available as is "MYPRIUS." I decided I didn't want those, but you're right, they would have been nice (I like the word, Prius, too).

Other options I looked for were "LECTRIC" (taken here in Utah) and "HYBRID" (also already taken). I like the DUAL PWR plate a member here has. That's cool. I decided not to copy that one because with only 7 spaces allowed, the two words would have run together (which would look stupid and be hard to decipher).

Have you decided on a plate yet (have you been able to find one that hasn't already been taken)?

10. LowCO2

LowCO2 New Member

LS EXHST
    LWR CO2
    ALT NRG

11. sluggo42

sluggo42 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norman H. Renehan @ Aug 18 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]305145[/snapback]</div>

I was thinking SIP-SIP or SIP-ZIP or CHLIPPR (barcelona red) or MYLXUS

12. ralphbongo

ralphbongo New Member

As it is B red and you are not from fl. i used red-d-kw ready killowatt.