1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Help Please.. 2005 Prius Reverse Light Input Wire

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by biglips31, Apr 12, 2007.

1. biglips31

biglips31 New Member

Hi All Great Forum,

I'm installing a aftermarket rear view mirror with video screen and a license plate back up camera in a 2005 Prius. I have installed License plate camera and the wiring comes all the was back to the radio area and ties into the rear view mirror monitor. I have all the positive and grounds wired and everything is working fine but I need to find the Reverse Light Input to tie into the Rear View Mirror so that it will automatically turn on when puting the vehicle in reverse.

Does anyone know where exactly I can locate the reverse light to tap off of behind the dash? This vehicle does not have navigation, i believe if it had navigation then there would have been a pink wire I could have tapped off of going to the nav screen. I have tested all wiring to radio and screen and nothing supplies + when in reverse.

Thanks for any help!

Lips

2. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Tap into the reverse wiring at the backup lights on either side in the rear. Easy to get to. You say you ran the wiring all the way forward so you should be able to splice into the hot wire at the rear near the backup light wiring.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you want to stay in the front of the car, all the fuse boxes are up there. Do you have the manual? You could locate the fuse for the back-up lights and maybe find a signal there. How about on the back of the gear selector?

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) This attachment .pdf file is intended for installation of a 'backup beeper' audible from outside the Prius, but might help you identify which wire you'd need to tap for your rearview camera.

[attachmentid=7468]

Attached Files:

2 people like this.