1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NEED HELP PLEASE 2008 prius won't start with hybrid battery replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Juancho512, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Juancho512

Juancho512 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    need some help please , I have a 2008 prius and my hybrid battery when ignition is turned on all the warning lights come on and they hybrid battery mark purple on 1 line of charge I did a test on a scanner and all show 14.8 beside 1 showing 12.0 ... can this be the problem as to why it won't start? When I clear all the codes they immediately come right back I attached a pic of the scan

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    probably. what's the back story on this battery?

Juancho512 likes this.
  3. Juancho512

Juancho512 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just got it today from a junkyard and they said its warrantied for 30ndays Sonim calling tomorrow to get it replaced ... car was fine before this woth the original battery. But we jumped it after 2 months sitting and than the ev control ecm gave out and it was really low on the hybrid charge. I replaced the ev control ecm and that code went away but it wouldn't start so I got another battery and this new to the car battery is also at the same low charge as the previous one I'm assuming that is why it won't power ont the gas motor but I'm unsure until I have a charged hybrid battery

4. Juancho512

Juancho512 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just got it today from a junkyard and they said its warrantied for 30ndays Sonim calling tomorrow to get it replaced ... car was fine before this woth the original battery. But we jumped it after 2 months sitting and than the ev control ecm gave out and it was really low on the hybrid charge. I replaced the ev control ecm and that code went away but it wouldn't start so I got another battery and this new to the car battery is also at the same low charge as the previous one I'm assuming that is why it won't power ont the gas motor but I'm unsure until I have a charged hybrid battery

5. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A DIY grid charger, or an off the shelf HV battery charger might be helpful going forward.
    Which OBD2 codes did you have, or do you have now?

How many miles on the vehicle?

6. Juancho512

Juancho512 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good news is the hybrid battery I purchased was bad and got it warrantied and got another one now good one ... the problem was also the new hv ecu replacement I had installed .... I had no Idea I would have to reprogram the fob key so I shorted the 4 and 13 pins for 30 minutes than cleared all codes and she fired right up .... not bad for a 289,000 mile girl she's a champ

ANDRAS RIMELY and bisco like this.