1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help!! Red Triangle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JoonohTexas, Sep 12, 2024 at 6:38 AM.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I got the AP2500 by mistake before the AP200 was widely known about. I find it interesting that they've already discontinued the AP200 I don't think the 2500 would be called the replacement for the 200. You would just be buying a piece of junk that you really have no use for the can't do much of anything except read codes and that I really have no use for I can do that with my $39 inNova 3100. It'll read codes that it can't even recognize it puts them on the screen I have to look them up The AP2500 will read all the codes and tell me about them and then that's all it can do pretty much completely worthless unless you just want a scanner that can read all the codes and give you some descriptions and help you look them up which I need no help for that generally. So hopefully they have something coming out that will replace the AP200 so that you don't have to buy a maxi 7-in tablet thing for $300 from this company which the AP200 might have been hurting sales for their tablets which would make sense

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Maybe also this is why my personal AP200 has been acting up since 6 weeks ago or so maybe they just stop supporting it they screwed it up with a android 11 update that kind of ripped everything out of the frame and so rather than trying to fix their mess they've just discontinued the item how convenient that's pretty funny The carista app runs very similar type of software it can do it all like the AP also but you have to pay a monthly subscription for the one vehicle so there's always that I'm not willing to get caught up in subscriptions I noticed the AP200 spends a lot of time spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and losing communication the last few weeks I have the software mounted on several different devices and it's the same on all devices devices are up to date lots of RAM blah blah blah still no matter I actually went in the other day and got the TIS computer the tough book 13 whatever it is because I just got tired of waiting on the autel. Very disappointing to say the least on the day that I was working with the two devices I was just simply trying to enter TPMS information both of the devices use the same menu

3. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    As usual it doesn't take long I have no interest in GM protocol of anything The AP200 was the ticket and now it is not and probably not supported so there's always that It never connected very quickly and was slow but I figured homeowners and people not in the trades wouldn't really give a crap but then again the maxi scanners from the same company are about as slow as the AP200 was in the AP 2500 probably is not very quick at all to think that TIS software is faster than most of these companies that are making these things on the daily is quite shocking I would expect some of these modern things that shops are paying $5,000 for would be able to have the codes almost before you plug in the connector to the to the port. But that's not the case I have had to put these scanners down and walk off to another vehicle and do something while I'm waiting and then have to the constant dings about the thing lost communication and the VCI monitor is red then it turns back green and so on and so forth very disappointing If I was a shop I would steer clear of this company very quickly oh well.

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Given the growing problems with automotive counterfeits on all those platforms, I'd be concerned whether I was getting a genuine product. It may be better to stick to what is available directly from Autel themselves or certified resellers in real stores.

#25 dolj, Sep 17, 2024 at 9:30 AM
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2024 at 10:46 AM
  6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    After you discuss and talk to this company on the telephone you will be very quickly understanding why as a shop owner he wouldn't touch anything like this for the most part this is for handyman fly by night people that think they're going to start making keys for cars and doing this instantaneous work with a charging people $1,000 for nothing and all of this kind of nonsense not real shops in mechanics which I deal with quite a few actually so I can see pretty much that this is a company for that type of stuff and they won't hold up in a shop environment they don't have any skin in the game You should talk to this company's tech support department it is hysterical

7. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I mean that's what these cheaper companies do rather than support their product they just phase it out immediately and everyone who bought the little thing for $63 or $500 or whatever it is is just hung out to dry with their BS I mean that's okay My AP works fine It's slow but I wasn't expecting anything really quick and sometimes it takes a few to get it connected oh well that's just the nature of the beast was electronics but when I get into the menus and all that everything works very well and I'm not having to carry around my CF-13 tough book but now I just throw it in the back of the vehicle and keep it on me because well you know.