1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Help Soldering Combo Meter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Hybrid Hobo, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Hybrid Hobo

Hybrid Hobo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The combination meter went out again in my Prius. It's done so several times already and usually comes back on after a few hours to a day or so...hopefully it will this time also.

Obviously, this issue needs to be addressed eventually. From what I understand, the fix is rather simple, in that a capacitor needs to be soldered and/or replaced on the board. As I'm disabled and not technically inclined, this would be outside the scope of my ability.

If there's anyone in the NJ or PA area that can do this for me, I'd gladly pay a $150 or $200 to have it done. As long as you've done this before and have the proper tools & expertise, I'm willing to come to you to have the fix made.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That being the case, send your CM to Texas Hybrid Batteries who can fix yours quickly and will give you a lifetime warranty. They've done this many times before and have the proper tools & then expertise.

jerrymildred likes this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Depending on the severity of your disability, the CM is not terribly hard to remove and install; just time consuming. Texas Hybrid does a good job repairing them. Too bad you live so far from Tampa.

4. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If you can remove the combo meter you could likely take it to any electronics repair shop in your area to get a new capacitor replaced for very little money.

jerrymildred likes this.