1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help troubleshooting- no wiper fluid spray

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by justlurkin, Feb 9, 2013.

1. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings fellow Prius owners,

Hope I can get some help on troubleshooting the wiper fluid spray system in my 2007 Prius. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

So today, after the big winter storm here in New York, I had to go out and run some errands. Everything was working fine, used the wiper fluid spray a few times during my drive to keep my windshield clear. When I was about to get home, I tried to spray the windshield one last time, but no fluid came out. Also tried the rear sprayer and no fluid came out of there either. The first thing I did when I get home is to check the wiper fluid reservoir, and there is plenty of wiper fluid in there.

I can hear the pumps whirr when I tried to activate the wiper fluid spray, (tried both front and back, both have the pump whirring sounds), but no fluids sprayed out.

I'm thinking maybe something got clogged in the wiper fluid spraying system somewhere. Is this something I can try to fix myself? (if it's DYIable, would appreciate advice on how!) Or if I need a mechanic to fix this, how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks for any help.

2. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    try adding some additional room temp washer fluid (perhaps there was some dilution and some ice formed)

3. RedskinPrius

RedskinPrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Open the hood and make sure that there is no kink in the line. Then take a hose and spray into the nozzles to make sure that no clog.

SCH-I605 ? 2

4. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It's possible that the lines have formed ice or the nozzles are simply frozen. Take a small pin and lightly press the pin into the nozzles to make sure they are clear of any dirt or debris. If the lines are frozen, you can thaw them with warm (not hot) water. If you can put the car in a warm garage for a while, that may help to thaw out the frozen line if there is one.