1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help with a buying a Diagnostic Scanner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusTaxiMan, Mar 22, 2012.

1. PriusTaxiMan

PriusTaxiMan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this website forum and look forward to getting to know everyone on here. I own/manage a fleet of 15 taxi cabs(all of them 2005-2009 Toyota Prius) and my personal vehicles are usually prius as well or highlander hybrid trucks (2007-2009). I have decided to buy a Diagnostic Scanner for the maintenance of my fleet and save some money from my mechanic as well.

Currently I have narrowed down my search to the Solus Snap on, as this is the one my mechanic has been using to clear codes for the last 2 years. I found a used one for around $2500 which seems to be a fair price. I would like to ask, if anyone has any recommendation about this scanner? Also feel free to make suggestions for other scanners, my budget is currently set at around $3500.

Thank You...

2. NinnJinn

NinnJinn Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A scan gauge for each vehicle?

3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    2 people like this.
  4. PriusTaxiMan

PriusTaxiMan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Seilerts,

Thanks for the tip, I dont know much about the Techstream Lite but i will do some research into the unit.

5. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think there are some auto parts stores offer free diagnostic service, such as Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts... All they want from you is to buy parts from them later.

If you have 15 cars, you might get some good discount from them as well.

BTW, Interstate Battery offers refurbished Prius battery for $30 only. That should be a good saving for your fleet. Everything inside is actually new, just the plastic housing is refurbished. You will need adapter because the pole size is different, but that's one time cost of $15 maybe? Batteries - Interstate Batteries has every battery for every need
    I have it on my Prius. I have 15000 miles on the battery now, looks like it works well.