1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help with finding/identifying part

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bigmichaelkim, Mar 23, 2017.

1. bigmichaelkim

bigmichaelkim Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three

While I was fiddling around with my car I happened to drop this piece from my car front plastic piece that separates the engine bay from the grille?

I posted the pictures regarding these plastic pieces. The car seems to have 6 but I only have 2, I remember losing one? And the others must have come off as a result of the one not being in place.

I want these replaced asap so if anyone knows what these plastic bolts are called and where I can find them that would be much appreciated. I'm afraid to ask the dealer as they might rip me off.

Thanks in advance

IMG_0117.JPG IMG_0118.JPG

iPhone ?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If this is a fairly new car, next time you bring it in for service, tell the service person those tabs are missing. They'll get you new ones for free

3. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You could check with a parts supply place, or a panel beater (crash repairer or whatever you call them).

4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The plastic panel under the hood with the don’t-let-the-fan-eat-your-tie warning label is called the “radiator support opening cover,” and the Repair Manual says there should be five clips, Toyota part number 90467-07217, list price ¥70 or $1.26.
    You have the right idea to replace missing parts like this promptly. If you haven’t already, I’d also suggest looking very carefully to make sure the lost ones aren’t still inside the engine compartment where they might cause foreign-object damage later.
    At a dealer parts counter, I’d expect the part to be identified correctly, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they were to charge list price or higher, sell only full packages of 10, and make you wait a day or two for the parts to arrive.

RCO likes this.