1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help with getting VCI, Techstream...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Maze62, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Maze62

Maze62 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looking to get set up to use Techstream. I'm starting from scratch so, I thought I'd ask for help. I'm new to it all. Advice with good explanations and or links will be a huge help. I have a couple laptops running 64 bit Windows 10 but am willing to get whatever will serve me best. Thank you in advance! Anyone out there in Central New York?

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maze62 and bisco like this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Please document your efforts in this thread... Setting up techstream is a challenge and the more advice you can offer if you succeed, the better. I'm especially curious about which Active-X and .net plugins and updates are required to get it to work on older machines. Also many think that the software only runs on 32bit systems and I'd like to learn how to make it work on 64bit.

SFO likes this.
  4. Maze62

Maze62 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Will do. I found several tutorials on the 64bit and it seems if you have a good product, the issue is often the cable compatibility or a driver issue. That got me thinking of buying a paired set from a company with support.