1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help with iPhone phonebook transfer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by squidsmom, May 16, 2009.

1. DFWPrius2009

DFWPrius2009 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have yet to get this to work with my iPhone 3.0 and our brand new 2009. :(

2. okpenny

okpenny New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Well, June and July has come and gone. Has anybody got this to work yet?:confused:

3. mbongers

mbongers New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unfortunately no. I have the same problem, I bought my wife an iphone and have not been able to transfer the address book. I called apple care support and in a very uncharacteristic matter they couldn't help me first time ever. What I did find out is it all depends on the 3rd party blue tooth manufacturer as to how features are transferred. For instance when I get into my mini and the phone pairs all of the contacts in the iphone are available on the minis display from a to z. Anyway I finally gave up and spent an hour inputting my wife's address book in manually. I know thats not what you wanted to hear but it really wasn't so bad and she had 91 contacts.

1 person likes this.
  4. simpsweet1953

simpsweet1953 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi........I am trying to transfer my IPhone phone book data to the Prius....(2008)....bluetooth works fine for calls and it says "transferring data" but I never says "data transferred". I have left it hook up and "transferring" for 30 minutes....what is the secret??

Thanks for you time.

5. Alan Prius 2011

Alan Prius 2011 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi I also have an iPhone 3 soon to get a 4S and am trying to transfer contacts into a Prius 2011

Is it possible to do it from a laptop instead?

Alan

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You should be asking your question in the Gen 3 area as that is what you have.

The nav system and Bluetooth support on the Gen 2 (04-09 models) is totally different and has less functionality.

Do you have nav on yours?

7. mycotopian

mycotopian New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    was this ever worked out? I'd like to know as well

8. Calle

Calle New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I can offer a suggestion: buy a Motorola Razr for about 25$ off craigslist or ebay and use that phone to transfer your contacts. Thats what I did!

1 person likes this.
  9. bl117

bl117 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is exactly what I did except I had an old blackburry Curve 3G from verizon. I synced my contacts to the phone, paired the phone with the Prius, and uploaded the contacts into the car. I've since let friends borrow the phone to do the same thing.

10. agaisin

agaisin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A