1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help with pairing a key for keyless entry/start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Stephanie Villarreal, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Stephanie Villarreal

Stephanie Villarreal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi! I have a 2007 Prius with a key issue. We had the car in the shop for 2+ weeks because of an accident, and the shop did not realize the battery was running down. Now the car does not recognize the key to unlock the doors without clicking the button, or start for me unless I put the key in the slot.

I looked online for some assistance, but the instructions in writing and on youtube seem to all be about pairing the key, not about the remote functions, like unlocking the door when I walk up to it or starting with the key still in my purse.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Getting the dealership to pair it is going to cost me $200.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Maybe someone clicked off the SKS option? There's a button under the steering wheel, by where your knee would go.

You can also check the battery in the key fob

Beachbummm likes this.
  3. Stephanie Villarreal

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I didn't know about the button under the steering wheel. I actually took the fob to the dealer for a new battery, but still no dice. I'll check to see if there's an SKS button.

4. Stephanie Villarreal

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thank you! It worked and all's right with the car again! Thanks!

'LectroFuel, Beachbummm and JC91006 like this.