1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help with relay logic for underbody lighting

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by DavidSpivey, Sep 11, 2015.

1. DavidSpivey

DavidSpivey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    sfv41901: I have level 5. I had considered the footwell lights. Unfortunately, they also have problems. I often sit at night with the vehicle in ready state to get Wi-Fi from the local library. With the headlights off, and the dome lights off, the yellow footwell lights are still on. Plus, they fade in. Thanks for thinking about it, though.

mrbigh: If that is the case, then please be so kind as to tell where you tapped in for this signal! I will be glad to take my own chances on damaging my car/ECU. I have looked over your threads and don't see where you might have already posted this information.

2. DavidSpivey

DavidSpivey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm answering my own questions here. It seems as though the power button's LED comes on and goes off without fading. Once I can find out where to tap it, I'm in business.

Thanks everyone for your help. I will probably make a walkthrough after I am finished.

3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    How did this project go? I'm thinking about doing the same thing but with a 3-way relay switch but not so worried about having a fading in/out effect. When domelight is on and/or ready mode, switch sends constant 12v to led bars underneath the prius.

4. goodwheelz

goodwheelz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Any update? Where did you tap?