1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Barry Hines

Barry Hines New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    My 2007 Prius stopped working again.
    First time it was the 12V and Hybrid battery back in May of this year. I replaced both batteries and have not had any major issues until now. I did have one minor issue with the Navigation screen going fuzzy and blacking out intermittently. I don't believe this is the issue today.

My wife got the red triangle with the (!) and VSC light came on. After work she came out and the car wont go to Ready. Everything turns on and works except going to READY.

I got it towed home and had a guy come by and check the codes. He said the codes changed everytime he hooked it up and pointed me to a possible 12V issue. I took the battery to O'Rielly's and had it tested. When they got it the battery was low(10V with a load on it) but further testing said the battery is a GOOD working battery. I came back home with the fully charged battery hoping to would get my car going only for it to be in the same exact stat.

What do I do next?
    Is there something i should of done once i reconnected the charged 12V?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try jumping it from another car. how many miles on her?

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If everything worked except it would not ready that usually means the 12 volt battery is ok.

Since you say you replaced the hybrid battery last year unless it was a brand new factory Toyota battery it’s
    Highly probable it’s the hybrid battery. If it’s a rebuilt instead of the very expensive factory battery its just had a few modules replaced with same vintage old cells that have just not failed yet. We see this constantly.

The codes the car is throwing must be harvested but here’s a quick test. In the hatch area at the 12 volt battery the black plastic Assy that’s on top of the positive battery post has a thick black wire Plugged into it that’s the main
    12 volts to the engine/fuse box. It has a white connector on it just unclick that connector and pull out that wire.
    Wait a bit and plug it back in. If you can then make the car ready it’s a bad hybrid battery.

4. Barry Hines

Barry Hines New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    UPDATE.

I used the steps in another post to get my vehicle into "READY" mode. I drove about 2.5 miles and the red triangle, VSC, and (!) came on. I got it over to O'Rielly's and they used there machine.

I am getting CODE P0AA6

The battery I installed WAS NOT from Toyota it was a DORMAN battery purchased through PEP BOYS.

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yep sure is.

6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That code means you have a Hybrid Battery Voltage System Isolation Fault.

Hopefully you have warranty on that Dorman, as you need to replace it.

7. Barry Hines

Barry Hines New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thank you! It did end up being the Dorman Battery, I was finally able to get the replacement in after having to go to PepBoys Corporate Complaints to get the store manager to give me the time of day.