1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need ignition wire switched driver kick panel

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by electrontechnik, Feb 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. electrontechnik

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hello everyone,

I'm installing DEI 504K (shock) with 507M (tilt) sensors with the rs3200+ following the instructions but having issues finding a switched ignition (ground when armed or true ignition wire) needed for the DEI 504K wiring loom. I tried using a 12V switched off the mirror power but that doesn't seem to dip enough voltage-wise to trigger the 507M to activate the angle of the car.

Gen 2 used a pink wire in the kick panel, but not finding similar info for gen 3.

Thanks everyone!

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The Electrical Wiring Diagram (more info) would be the best reference. The Power Source pages in the System Circuit section give an overview, and in the Relay Locations section, the Instrument Panel J/B Inner Circuit pages show several unused fuse positions that are switched by the IG1 NO.1, IG1 NO.2, and IG1 NO.3 relays, to which you could connect by installing pre-terminated repair wires (pigtails) in connectors 2A or 2C.

Those relays are single-throw (Form A) types: the loads are connected to the 12-volt bus when the car is on, and disconnected otherwise. In a quick glance, I didn’t see any circuits that are actually connected to body ground when the car is off; for that, you might need to add your own change-over (Form C) relay.