1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need inputs before I buy this used 2011 Prius TWO

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ian2002525, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Dalamar

Dalamar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I bought my 2011 from carmax in fort myers florida, 70k miles for $14123 out the door on 2/28/15, after i bought it, i complained about the front tires not matching the rears and they ordered at set of Yokohama llr tires for it ( I made sure to remind them of their 5 day return policy), traded in my 2014 accord 6speed sedan for it, put $43 towards the Prius and got a check for $800 back.

I drive a lot for work.....since the 28th I've put almost 1000 miles on it and have been averaging, 53.7mpg over 3 fill ups, cruise everywhere I go at the posted limit and 63 on the highway, speed limit here is 70, I've gotten accustomed to the one finger wave to passing motorists.....was also surprised that 3 out of 5 Prius owners wave at me just to say "Hi", never realized what a friendly bunch you guys are :D

I've removed my hub caps and ordered center caps, a battery filter, and increased my tire psi to sidewall spec so far.

On a side note, finger check the hell out of the car, everywhere, to find flaws and have them fix it, threaten if you have to, I found botched paint repair, interior flaws, over spray, dry spots, hazing on the headlights, etc..... those first 5 days are your best friend, if the store won't help initially, call corp, then the store will look to make you happy.

Carfax shows a one owner, local car, with 0 accidents

2. ian2002525

ian2002525 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Dalamar, Can you teach me how to replace the battery filter? I'm curious what is it for.
    Thank you very much.

3. Dalamar

Dalamar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I ordered it from toyotapart com PN is G92DH-47010
    Came to $15 shipped, it's not standard, it clips on to the vent on the rear passenger seat to prevent debris from getting in there.

My fan was making a god awful noise, so not wanting to take it back to Carmax I tackled it myself, took 30 min start to finish, but that filter would have saved me the trouble.

Turns out there was a candy wrapper in there :/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Dalamar

Dalamar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    while cleaning what carmax missed I discovered the alloys behind the hub caps, and decided I liked them better, then went to the local Lowes for some center caps for 87 cents each :)
    1.5 inch Knock Out Seal in the electrical department, just had to bend the tabs out a little and they fit right in :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I had a 2011 Prius Two. I put 48,000 miles on it. I had zero issues with it. Fine car. I think the asking price is okay. If you can get $1,000 off that or whatever you can get off I think you will be fine. The mileage is excellent.

6. KenSoren

KenSoren Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds great. The AVG is probably MPH instead of MPG but the consumption of 48 is the mpg and sounds about right - that will probably compute out to 44 to 45 mpg actual.
    You might want to consider replacing the Bridgestone tires. They have a reputation of poor ride and lots of road noise. There are lots of threads on which tires to chose if you want to read up on that.
    Otherwise, change the oil and rotate the tires on a regular basis, sit back and enjoy your new ride!

7. ian2002525

ian2002525 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The center cap looks great!!
    Thanks for sharing!

8. ian2002525

ian2002525 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What's the benefit of changing battery filter? Helping the battery's life longer?

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you don't change it, you add it. the car only comes with a plastic grille which lets just about anything through. the clip on filter will stop everything but dust.

10. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lowes here charged me a whole dollar, but it seems to match the wheel even better than yours.

I didn't know you can buy a filter for the battery air intake grill. I'd been contemplating making my own, which might look crude, but serve to keep candy wrappers and leaves out.

11. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe, regardless of what Toyota calls it, we should call it a battery FAN intake filter?
    Calling it a Battery Filter seems to be causing trouble.

CR94 likes this.