1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need opinions on after market sun roof

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Northernguy, May 20, 2013.

1. Northernguy

Northernguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We have a Prius v 5, and are considering purchasing an after market sun roof. This is the first vehicle we have bought recently that has not had one. A few of my concerns are: Will the value of the Prius go down because of it? Will it effect the 36,000 mile warranty? Since it will add weight to the car, will my mileage go down? Will the structure of the car in a collision be effected? Maybe some of you out there have already had a sun roof installed. I'm looking for your opinions or reasons why you didn't install one. On more thing; what is a good after market sun roof?

2. 2013-Prius v

2013-Prius v 2013 Prius v 5

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Interested in this thread as well. Was quoted $1500 for sunroof/moonroof. Cannot install panoramic like factory.

iPhone ?

3. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, with concave roof design and the fact the roof line is still on an upslope going back from the windshield, I think an aftermarket sunroof will look odd since the glass won't match the shape of the roof line. Maybe a "moonroof" design where part of the roof is cut out and reused for the moonroof would work. Keep in mind the factory panoramic roof does not open either.

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Weakens the structural aspect of the roof so sounds dangerous to me. Most factory sunroofs provide additional structural strengthening.